As winter rolled in, I started noticing that I was getting
very a little grouchy in the afternoon. I am usually a very easy-going happy person; but I am also one of those people who gets hangry. So to avoid turning into a gremlin by 4 pm, I went in search of a healthy snack that would give me the energy boost I needed.
I am a huge fan of Deliciously Ella and found these Chewy Sultana Cookies on her blog. I adapted the recipe, and quite honestly, I was delighted by the outcome.
These little guys are perfect with a cup of tea. Give them a try, and let me know what you think!
*For a sweeter twist, spread a little honey or peanut butter on them.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 red apples
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- Handful of cranberries
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- 3 TBS honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 TBS coconut powder
- 3 TBS chia seeds
- handful of chopped almonds
- handful of chopped pumpkin seeds
- 1 TBS peanut butter
- Grate the apples and strain them in a separate bowl (you can drink the fresh apple juice later).
- Mash the bananas until smooth, and then combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Roll some of the mixture into a small ball, and then press flat onto a greased baking tray.
- Bake at 190 C in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Cool on a cooling rack and store in an airtight container.