This is just the most delicious, quick and healthy dinner! I was inspired by Deliciously Ella’s Cannelloni Bean Stew, and made my own version based on the available ingredients in Korea.
I’ve noticed that the mornings and evenings have started cooling down, and all I can think is Winter Is Coming. Hopefully this stew will stand me in good stead and warm me up in the months to come.
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- x 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- x 2 TBS of tomato paste
- 1/3 dry lentils (soaked overnight)
- Kidney beans
- 2 cups of sliced mushrooms
- Handful of chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 sliced chili
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil heat and fry onions until soft.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 2-5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, lentils, kidney beans, tomatoes, and chili.
- Pour in a cup of water (or enough to cover the lentils), and mix in the tomato paste.
- Simmer for 30-40 minutes, or until lentils are cooked through.
Serve in a big bowl, or over some cauliflower mash to bulk it up.